Threads In 9a Saddle

Skowinski

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know what tap to use for cleaning up the threads in the 9a saddle? It's where the crossfeed screw and dial assembly screw into the saddle, pretty big diameter. Mine have some minor damage and I would like to clean them up some before reassembly. Searching didn't turn the info up, or my google-fu is broken.

Measure the mating part ----- diameter and TPI. It could easily be a non standard thread.

It's 0.725" diameter and 14 TPI.

Looking up tap sizes for those numbers it may well be a non standard thread, as taps I can find listed jump from 0.709 to 0.750 diameter, nothing in between.

It's 0.725" diameter and 14 TPI.

Looking up tap sizes for those numbers it may well be a non standard thread, as taps I can find listed jump from 0.709 to 0.750 diameter, nothing in between.

As an FYI, it could be a 0.750" (3/4") 14 tap that has worn down a little bit. It is only 0.025" off. Just don't buy a pipe tap/die (unless the thread has a taper in diameter).

If you have thread wires, you could check the actual thread size.

Why not just clean up threads by hand.dremel tool..small files.you'll probably never have a need to remove again..

Back