Tig welder

I wanted to get into TIG and ended up after much research with an Everlast PowerTIG 200DV. (http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product/tig-stick/powertig-200dv). It was the right price point for me and has been a great machine. It's AC/DC and dual voltage. It does a great job on steel and I've recently started working with aluminum. Haven't quite mastered the aluminum yet but I have no doubts that the issue is me not the machine. Still using the stock pedal as it seems to have good control.

My first welder was a Millermatic 211 MIG - great machine which I love, however if I had bought the Everlast TIG first I would have taken a serious look at their MIG.

Just as a matter of contrast I also have a plasma cutter - I started out with an Eastwood and wasn't pleased. I eventually sold it and bought a Hypertherm - no regrets there other than the initial hit to the wallet!

I don't have the AHP, but I have heard many great reports on it. I have a Lincoln square wave tig 175 that I love. For 1/4" aluminum plate 250 amps is not too much. The Lincoln cost twice what the AHP costs with none of the bells and whistles of the AHP and less amps.

The AHP looks like what I'm wanting, but no shipping to Hawaii on Amazon.
HTP is to expensive for me.
Everlast 185 looks interesting. Wish it came with a foot peddle.

Home depot sells them. Don't know if you have one in Hawaii they shoow $773 on the 200 TX model.

Thanks for the Home depot suggestion.
Seems they will ship to the store for pick up free.
BUT....... The APH is out of stock:confusion:
I'll put in a request to notify and see what happens.

I'll chime in with another +1 on the AHP Alpha Tig. No problems or issues except really didn't care for the pedal that comes stock with the machine. I replaced mine with an SSC Controls pedal they make for the Alpha tig. Much smoother and makes a world of difference. Highly recommended.

I'll chime in with another +1 on the AHP Alpha Tig. No problems or issues except really didn't care for the pedal that comes stock with the machine. I replaced mine with an SSC Controls pedal they make for the Alpha tig. Much smoother and makes a world of difference. Highly recommended.

Yeah, the pedal seemed more like an on/off switch. I replaced the pedal with one from USA Weld and it makes a big difference. I also went with a smaller CK9 torch, because most of my work is with thinwall 4130.

Thanks for the Home depot suggestion.
Seems they will ship to the store for pick up free.
BUT....... The APH is out of stock:confusion:
I'll put in a request to notify and see what happens.

You may need to call home depot or email them. I emailed Lowe's and they called me withing an hour for my SQ175 Tig. They ordered it for me and chopped $1100 off the price. It took 7 days to get it. They were very happy that I called them and had a bunch of questions about what people want in the welder and torch products they can get. Very positive experience.

Roy

Called home depot. Talk about dumb and dumber.
No one there knew anything.
According to them, they don't do that.
When I directed them to the website. they said I'd just have to wait until I get a email from them.
We'll see what happens.
More I resurch this machine, the more I like it.

Back