Tig welder

I try, but i 'm almost sure the shipping would be sky high.

Apparently this machine sells out regularly at home depot, if you read the questions and answers section, one of the questions from 2016 was when they will be back in stock. They have had several shipments since, each selling out. Popular machine anyway.

I wanted to get into TIG and ended up after much research with an Everlast PowerTIG 200DV. (http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product/tig-stick/powertig-200dv). It was the right price point for me and has been a great machine. It's AC/DC and dual voltage. It does a great job on steel and I've recently started working with aluminum. Haven't quite mastered the aluminum yet but I have no doubts that the issue is me not the machine. Still using the stock pedal as it seems to have good control.

My first welder was a Millermatic 211 MIG - great machine which I love, however if I had bought the Everlast TIG first I would have taken a serious look at their MIG.

Just as a matter of contrast I also have a plasma cutter - I started out with an Eastwood and wasn't pleased. I eventually sold it and bought a Hypertherm - no regrets there other than the initial hit to the wallet!

I just jumped on the Hypertherm train after a few years with Miller plasmas. Never thought I would say this but, the Hypertherm is far better and I ordered it with the CPC port for my future cnc plasma table purchase.

Good news.
Got a email telling me they were in stock again. I ordered one, but made a mistake on the address.
Waited up so I could call and have them make the change.
I called as soon as they opened at 6:00A.
It was 1:00A here.
Talked to a lady and she said the order is to late to cancel.
I put the order in at 9:00P.
I asked if she could just change the address. I had forgot to put all the numbers in it.
She said she couldn't do it until I get a email saying it was shipped.
I told her the address is wrong, and there is no such address.
She said when i get the shipped email to call back and they can make the change.
I hope she knew what she was doing.
Strange how I put the order in at 9:00p and by 1:00a the order could not be canceled.
I just hope it get to me.
Amazon is cheaper, but they won't ship to Hawaii.

You need to go to the Welding Web forum to see what the real welders say about all things welding...that what I did!!!

On that note I just bought the new Vulcan Pro Tig 200 from HF and it works great.
Before all the haters chime in, a few FACTS that I learned
ALL of the welding machines I(Blue, Red, Yellow and everything else ) in this category are not made here. Probably China!
A guy (real welder) from Cali did the beta testing on the Vulcan and he says "every bit a good "operationally" as the Lincoln SW tig 200

To the coming questions from the haters "where ya gonna get that ***** serviced"?

Harbour Freight is offering a 365 day full refund for any reason. They are offering this to get the new Vulcans out

NO! I do not have anything to do with HF... Just a garage guy just like you

My2c

BTW I pd $799. for my welder

I think you missed the point;)
A abunai asked about Welders, he lives in Hawaii. No one is slagging the vulcan Welders, I have also heard some reviews on it and seen somethings about it that seem like it's a good machine. There is a difference between the US brands and the overseas brand... yes, the parts are probably all made in china), but service, research and development and such is still done on the US brands. I have older miller and Lincoln machines, but my plasma, and tig will likely come from one of the newer overseas guys.. as you said, we are just garage guys. It's good to hear your point of view, a review would be awesome, as I said, I've seen some on utube and read forum posts, but there is nothing like getting the opinion of some real garage guys.
The vulcan is still a new machine, we don't know much about it other than the early reviews, the beta shop in California you mentioned and the typical review sites on the machine...

I've always wanted a Tig welder.
Have a Mig, Arc, and bottles.
Also have a plasma cutter.
Don't want anything big.
Alum, stainless, steel mostly.
No plan to weld anything thicker than 1/4"
I've tried to weld alum and stainless with the Mig, but did't like the results.
Suggestions on something under $1000.

Don't think that I missed the point at all....
The Vulcan as well as many other brands match the criteria that abunai presented in the #1 post
I only tried to present another choice
No idea if there is a HF on the island

Anyway, buy a tig welder. Awesome process to learn & use. Hardly use my mig anymore...Only for the big stuff

My point is not that it is a bad unit, just that it is a new brand. Too soon yet to know if it is a durable unit. I kinda like the everlast brand, lots of great reviews, the ahp mentioned here was one I've seen, I did not realize it gets pretty good reviews. The 680.00 dollar area is amazing.
I thought about the vulcan, went to purchase one, hf did not yet have them in stock... than the ahp was brought up.... hmmm

Back