Time for a modern TIG machine. What do you like?

It does take a little extra concentration in order to channel the dexterity in your fingers without transforming your whole hand/wrist combo into a kung-fu grip, but just like TIG welding itself, no one was born knowing how to do it; we all had to practice to achieve some level of competency. It's the same with the TIG Button. Gotta practice.
Yeah, I think people make too much of this. The filler rod hand has to move, hold the filler and feed the filler rod all at the same time. This is just holding the torch, moving the torch and pushing the button, so the same number of things as the filler hand. I haven't used a TIG Button, but it didn't take me long to be able to use the kind with the rotary dial and that was extremely handy when doing oddball out of position welding where a foot pedal simply wouldn't work. Okay, I have used a foot pedal between my knees while lying down, but I'm not going to do that again!

I dunno if you had made up your mind or not, but I just received this sales flyer in my email earlier today. Seems they have a lot of stock to move as they've been having quite a few sales going on. Given Miller and Lincoln price increases as of late, makes them an even better deal & value for the dollar! This made me check what the comparable Millers cost. The new Dynasty 300dx machine only is $9,600. Granted they do have extra features, but for literally less than half of that an Invertig 301 is in the same class of machine. Heck, you could get a complete Invertig 400 w/ cart and Smart Cooler and a 30HP rotary phase converter for roughly that much!

uc

Back