Time spent on your hobbies?

A Mast built LS7 will be a blast in a 63 Vette with out a doubt. Major overkill but what the heck, go for it!

A Mast built LS7 will be a blast in a 63 Vette with out a doubt. Major overkill but what the heck, go for it!
With a Kinsler cross ram injection unit sitting on top. Car has a SRIII Motorsports chassis with C5 front and C4 rear suspension coupled to a T56 6 speed transmission. You can never have too much horsepower or torque!

Reactions: Z2V
I'm retired and am staying about 20 miles from my shops (on my property) so my "rent-a-grunt" (& very good friend) and I spend an average of 4 hours a week "organizing" stuff & making chips. I spend a serious amount of time arm chair machining when I watch my many U Tube heroes and accessing this forum for continued education efforts. The rest of the time I'm seasonally maintaining nearly 4 acres of grass and other property up keep. Then there's always enjoying various craft beers in the famous city of Milwaukee!

My normal shop time is midnight to 4AM. Usual sleep hours are 4AM to noon. Between breakfast and dinner, I'm either out running errands or doing house stuff. After dinner it's relaxing, reading, etc. Did I mention I'm retired?

My normal shop time is midnight to 4AM. Usual sleep hours are 4AM to noon. Between breakfast and dinner, I'm either out running errands or doing house stuff. After dinner it's relaxing, reading, etc. Did I mention I'm retired?

Those sound like my college days!
Robert

I retired 1 1/2 years ago. My wife retired 1 Year ago.
I am 63 and spend an hour or two each night between 11-1 am or 11-12 midnight.
My shop is in the basement for all woodworking and metalworking, except for welding and forging, which is in our shed.
I have a lot of interests, so I do have many hobbies.
C

I'm 69, retired and a widower. I have nothing but time and everyday is Saturday, except Sunday. My friends like to say I have no adult supervision. :)
My problem is I have many hobbies that compete for my time. Metal fab, woodworking, home renovation, fishing, and motorcycling.
Usually, my metal fab time is spent making things for my other hobbies which turns out to be a couple hours a week on average. Like others, my stamina and time utilization isn't what it used to be so I'm not nearly as productive as when I worked for a living. Fortunately I've got lots of time.
So to answer the original question, I spent all my time on my hobbies except time spent with family and friends and chores. I thank God every day for my health and my good fortune.

Just turned the big SEVEN - o yesterday. Since retiring about ten years ago, I often ask myself, how in the world I ever found time to work. My bride of 47 years and I have five children, thirteen grandchildren, live on a farm and each have several hobbies. I took up machining fairly recently (and love it). Some weeks, I'm able to spend 15 or 20 hours in the shop; others: zero. Depends on what's going on with family, farm and other commitments. Even now, there are a couple of projects that have been on hold for weeks because of other priorities. Farming, cattle and some other activities don't 'get in line' regardless of how much you'd prefer to be doing something else - especially when bad weather narrows the window even further. It's all fun, though.

Regards,
Terry

Between “my” time and the time spend for the employer, making items for work, I’m somewhere between 30-40 hrs a week. The good part is the company usually “provides” most of the materials and consumable for my projects also,

Back