Time to Pony Up Please

Richard King

Bronze
Former Member
Good Morning Everyone.

For the last couple of days I see the pledge meter has been stalled at 12 to 13%....I know the economy has effected everyone but if you enjoy the ad free board then we need you to bite the bullet and open the wallet this month and every month. With all the new members and all the photo's we ask everyone to post, it takes up more space and space costs money.

I sell a few things on EBay each month and I have Pay-Pal and it easy to just transfer the price of 2 of my DVD's into the Home-Machinist bank account. Maybe you can start to do that too and sell the "stuff" under the bench or you have never used, extra tooling, etc. If you need some advice on how to sell on Ebay, PM me and I would be happy to help. I figure I am not a computer type of guy, but once you do it a couple of times, its as easy as posting here and adding pictures.

I go to local auctions and buy inspection equipment, machine shop equipment that usually no one bids on, electrical stuff for a shop and sell it. All of you must have some "stuff" you can donate for the cause. Thanks everyone. Have a good weekend. Richard

I'm out of work the last 4 months and counting.

I still donated.

I'm sure the rest of you can too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard what is your user name on ebay, I'm retired but I donate every month.

Paul

I didn't say that to sell to the board. It was a suggestion so you can rise some extra cash to help pay your bills and give a little extra to the board. I also wrote the management that maybe we could have a silent auction thread on here where some of us with a shop full of "stuff" could doante it and all sale proceeds would go to the bank account. Rich

Glad you asked. I just made a donation.

Glad you asked. I just made a donation.

What do you guys think about selling "stuff" like that on the boards, For Sale and wanted forum? I may put something on there today if we can get some feed back from you and if Tony says it's OK.

Re: Time to Phony Up Please

Unstalled. :lmao: ------ "Billy G"

Re: Time to Phony Up Please

Hey - I just noticed...
Is this topic in "machine way scraping and restoration" because we're "scraping" funds together? :whistle::LOL:

edit: also, isn't it "pony up"?

Richard, I have only been perusing this forum for a short time, but I did not know the site was "donor financed". Now that I know, I will certainly contribute.....

Back