Tip o’ the Day

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A while back I ordered a small bottle of Relton A-9. I know I don’t like the smell of another Relton product and I wasn’t sure if this one so was going to the same, so I ordered the smallest size so as not to have a big bottle hanging around if I didn’t like it.

4026C98F-EAB1-431D-8362-D9626FC3868C.jpeg

Smells fine, nice actually, and works great but the little flip-top cap is kind of short to get close to where the action is. I was all set to pour it into a small squeeze bottle when I remembered the little stash of plastic straws I had from used up penetrating oil and stuff. Y’all save those too, right? The skinny red ones were too small, but I had a couple clear ones that were a little bigger diameter (from canned air maybe?)

1AB3D800-F759-4CD4-93AD-CC3633A254C6.jpeg

Anyway, the thicker one fits perfect into the little hole in the flip-top. Nice and snug, no leaking, and greatly extends the range of application. And it still flips down if you want to close the top.

F53D10AB-C405-4ADC-873A-7F0FFFEEE9D6.jpeg

So there you go, my handy tip for the day. Thanks for looking!
-frank

Am I the only one that noticed the scrape on your thumb and thought this was going in a different direction? (laugh)

Hah, I wish I could say it was something so glamorous! I stepped on a loop of plastic banding in front of the corner market and as as one foot hit the banding it flipped it straight up like a spring snare to catch my other foot. Ass over teakettle and down hard like a broken linebacker. Sad thing is I thought of my Dad and I knew I had started the downhill slide.

-frank

Ugh!
I hope there’s no lasting injury to body or ego.
Definitely hear you on the shades of our fathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it's not the occasional stumble or senior moment (what I call A-G-E disease).

I remember my dad most often when I catch myself *****ing about someone not putting a tool back where it belongs. (laugh)

I thought of him the other night at dinner when we had fish and neither my wife nor daughter seemed to have the same pile of fishbones on the side of their plate at the end of the meal that I did. As he used to say, "What, do you just eat them?!"

Back