Tips For Owners Of Rong Fu Rf-20, Rf-25, Rf-30, Rf-31 Mill/drills

Which model Rong Fu mill/dril or clone do you own?

• Total voters
That's a great idea. I was thinking of making something similar except with a round bar stock and linear bearings but this looks even simpler and better. However, I so rarely have to raise or lower the head mid-operation ever since I converted to TTS collet system and a consistent sized set of tooling that I just haven't felt the need to build anything like that in a while. Although, if it's reasonably priced I'll spring for one just for the flexibility and ease should the need arises.

hey guys, it's been a while since there was some activity re. RF-20s .. I have a lead on one that claims limited hours and includes some basic tooling, nothing to write home about .. asking price is 1000.- CAD (roughly 770 US$ or 1000 Australian$) .. 850 for mill and 150 for tools ..

Are you guys happy with your RF-20s? Is it worth to hold out for an RF-30 or 31? Is there a big difference? Would you pay 850.- for it?

Hope to hear from someone! thanks

I had an RF-25. It was pretty good, but got all rusted up after a house fire.The available replacement was an RF-30. I find it to be a LOT stiffer than the RF-25. If it's an option, it might be worth a bit of a wait.

$ 850 is about 1/2 what I paid for a new RF-30.

Thanks for the info .. half eh? does't seem like that good a deal anymore for a very old and smaller machine ... where did you buy your RF-30?

They had it on sale at KMS Tools. Good timing.

Side note: I took the RF-25 to the scrappers, minus the motor and stand. I got $13.20 for it.

This is at the top of my mod. list for my new to me Taiwan built HF -RF30 now that it is up and running................

They had it on sale at KMS Tools. Good timing.

Side note: I took the RF-25 to the scrappers, minus the motor and stand. I got $13.20 for it.

thanks, I stepped away from the purchase ... I'll wait for a better deal ;)

Right now I can get a new RF-30 with stand for $2450 Canadian (Or something different) or a used one with a stand for $1400 Canadian. I don't know what freight would cost.
Edit: No shipping, there's one local

Both come with a little bit of tooling, but not much.

I've been grinding my teeth over it for a little while.

Right now I can get a new RF-30 with stand for $2450 Canadian (Or something different) or a used one with a stand for $1400 Canadian. I don't know what freight would cost.
Edit: No shipping, there's one local

Both come with a little bit of tooling, but not much.

I've been grinding my teeth over it for a little while.
Buy the used one, and use the savings for getting tooling or accessories. Regardless if you buy these machines new or used, they still need cleaning and adjusting, so nothing gained there.

My RF-30 has no obvious means of braking the spindle while tightening or loosening the drawbar. What am I missing?

Back