To all the Texas Gulf Coast Members

Praying for all of you affected by Harvey. I have many friends that have been affected. One, who lives in Rockport, says that the entire landscape there has been changed forever. Thankfully, I haven't heard reports of any lives lost.

God Bless Texas
T. J.

You Texans are a tough bunch and it's great how you guys are helping each other out. Too bad that some of that excess water can't come farther west out here. We've had so many fires that both the sun and moon glow red.

It really has turned into quite a situation here. After an 18 inch rainfall on Sunday, we barely escaped flood by a few inches. Made it through another 16 inches of rain on Monday. Rianfall began to slow on Tuesday and thought we had turned the corner. Went to get fuel in cans to head down to Rockport to help my Sister with the storm mess down there and came back to the house to find trees toppled due to saturated soil at neighbors houses. Got out my chainsaw and as soon as I made the first cut 3 truckloads of guys were on scene with chainsaws to assist and cleaned up,and cleared trees in minutes!

While our streets were clear of flood water at the time, some of my neighbors got together and we went to the south side of memorial drive towed Buffalo Bayou to help others who were getting flooded. We had everything from big trucks, kyaks, rubber rafts, jet skis, and some really nice boats hauling people to dry ground. The coast guard was overhead in choppers pulling people out on a string.

After working on that all day we returned home in the afternoon to find that water was backing up in our storm drains and our street was beginning to flood even though there was no rain and the sky was clearing. Reports were that the water was to rise 3 feet. We all went into panic mode put up what we could and left as the flood waters got so high in the street we could barely make it out.

Got up early and went back to find that fortunately the water level only came up a little more over night. The morning news was still calling for an additional 3 feet so we parked at high ground waded in and continued to put things as high as possible. Throughout the day the water level only increased a few more inches. We have about 12 more to go before it gets to the house so I am feeling pretty good about it. During this, a friend who lives on a golf course knew we were in bad shape because of news reports, shows up today with a truck load of sand! Strangers out at the parking area helped him bag it and carry it in on rafts and kayaks. Unbelievable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update Brad. Sure hoping all stays dry for your house.

TJ, I know that people up in that area use to help each other out a lot, I'm from a little town called Gruver originally, Twisters create H**l up there.
I'm glad that things in TX have started to settle down a bit, Seems water levels have started to recede from what I here. Hope our members is south Texas can get back in and see what the need, others off us may be able to help them out in various ways, and will keep all on our mind and in our prayers.

Still out of electricity. They telling us late Saturday before power comes on. And internet, well, probably longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Water is still too deep to get a car into our part of the neighborhood but thankfully not in our house. Anderson Cooper with CNN is broadcasting live from our neighborhood entry tonight. I just waded down and saw JJ Watt was on the broadcast.

IMG_6377.JPGIMG_6378.JPG

Lots of good things happening with regards to people helping going on here. Someone with a monster truck and a flat bed trailer was in our neighborhood loading people's cars that were stranded in our garages and hauling them to high ground. This guy was from the other side of town, knew no one in the neighborhood and would take no compensation for his efforts. He hauled at least 50 cars out to safety giving people a means to have transportation to get to work or groceries.

I have a sister who lives in Rockport which was ground zero for the hurricane. I have felt bad that I have not been able to return to help her. She said a volunteer crew all the way from Fort Worth showed up with a front loader and chainsaws and cleared her drive of trees and debris restoring access to her property. Again, they would accept no compensation. Things like this are going on all day, all over. These are just a few small examples of the selfless giving that is going on here. It's just amazing and restores your faith in humanity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken, so how's it going with cleanup ,rebuilding , restoration , is insurance going to help you ?
Sounds like FEMA will be stretched thin this year

Ken, so how's it going with cleanup ,rebuilding , restoration , is insurance going to help you ?
Sounds like FEMA will be stretched thin this year

I'll be okay. In fact, I probably will have to fight with my insurance company to get money out of them to fix my roof and fence!

My biggest worry now is my kids in South Florida. They can't get out!

Back