To all the Texas Gulf Coast Members

A little update here.
The entire city of Victoria looks like a war zone right now. Very few places have any power. They are not letting anyone in or out. We still don't know the extent of damage at our place west of Victoria. This is what we are finding out from friends and family that rode out the storm in town. Keep us in your prayers, Ken

Im from GA running a small pharmaceutical tube welding job in College Station TX. Two of my welders can't get out of their subdivision near Houston. The bridge washed out. So far College Station has just gotten a ton of rain.

Rootpass,

Looks like you guys got a lot of rain in College Station, looking at the map. And Houston, OMG!, and it's not over with yet!
Let's keep them in our prayers. This storm is retracting back to the gulf and then start heading north and hit between Houston and Beaumont around Wednesday.

I came out okay. More wind damage than anything. House is in tack, just no electricity. Power should be restored soon. We got to go get all of the food from the fridge and freezer today, so we don't loose it.

Ken

Ken, It is great to hear that things aren't too bad at your house. Having lived on the gulf coast for many years of my life I can truly appreciate what you and your friends are going through.

Like many, I have family and friends in Houston that I am trying to keep up with.

All good at our place here in Houston (memorial area).

Despite all the TV drama, everything was ok here until last night when the water in our neighborhood street began to rise to unprecedented levels at about 10 PM. In the end it came within 2" of getting into the house! Got about an inch of water in the garage/shop but I keep most of my stuff on wheels or up off of floor so no damage to anything. No big deal.

I feel for my neighbors and others in the city that have not been so fortunate.

Take care Ken. I have relatives in Victoria. Other than some down limbs and loss of power they are good. Hopefully your place will have faired just as well.

Brad

Back