To buy or not to buy?

Trc687

Registered
Registered
Hey guys, I found what appears to be a Harbor Freight 33686 bench top mill. The ad says it has a power feed table and stand with "accessories" for $800. Can anyone help me decide on this? I know it's a round column mill and not the greatest, but good quality mills in Southern Nevada are few and far between. Please chime in!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/4689725832.html

Last edited:
with the table feed and sounds like a lot of tooling thats not a bad price, i have a very old one of these and works well for me

I cant see the accessories listed. But if they are "too many to list and must see" then go take a look or get some more pics. But $800 is a okay price for a mill with tooling. How much tooling reamains to be seen.

Cheers Phil

This mill has been advertised in Phoenix as well, I smell something fishy. Be careful if you go look, there are criminals who know you have cash and will be more than happy to relieve you of it.

With a round column is this just a mill-drill? Got mine delivered for $750 in 2005.

With too many accessories to list you could easily include a picture or two of them. Something sounds odd. Ask for more details.

Dave

I was thinking the same as all of you. I'll try to contact him and get more pictures of the tooling and everything.

Would any of you guys happen to know of any shops in Vegas or close by that sell used equipment? The only ones I can find are the ones that sell $4k+ industrial machines. I don't have the cash or the space for those.

That hat is why I ended up getting a new PM 25-MV from Matt. Everything in Phoenix was $5K or was a busted up piece of junk.

I was thinking the same as all of you. I'll try to contact him and get more pictures of the tooling and everything.

Would any of you guys happen to know of any shops in Vegas or close by that sell used equipment? The only ones I can find are the ones that sell $4k+ industrial machines. I don't have the cash or the space for those.

Back