Today was a good day.

Beautiful work! Looks like the only thing he missed were the corner windows from a 23-window bus.
Well, I’m all for improvements, but don’t like the dumped look. Why would you take something with an already stiff ride and dumping it to make it ride like a hay wagon? I guess I’m kind of a purist.

There was a beautiful 10 window Safari bus that I used to see out in the main parking lot here in town. It was perfect except being dumped. All original stock with even original wheels and hubcaps, but dumped. It hits me in that same place as seeing a machine tool that been left outside and is all rusted. Sad :( Same as seeing all the BajaBugs when they were a thing. That mod single handedly made Bugs scarce as it wiped them out. I still see a few stock old Bugs around but no Baja’s.

Maybe bit off topic, but just to reassure @Ulma Doctor ... #4-40 is actually less likely to break than #6-32. According to what I've read, the ratio of root diameter vs. thread depth is a lot worse in 6-32 than in any of the other standard pitches. Yes, 4-40 is smaller than 6-32, but proportionately, it's stronger.

Back