Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up as a kid two of my neighbors had pea green Pintos. I remember riding in the backseat if you can call it that.

I knew a guy that had a pinto with a 302 in it back in the day. Had a high rise intake and a velocity stack type air cleaner on it. Every time he stomped on it the car would fall on it's face. Asked me to look at it and would pay me to fix it.

Took a look at it and the stack was tight against the hood. When he stomped on it the hood would pull down and choke it off. I pulled the stack off and told him to go try it.

It worked, but he never paid me anything.

I think that is the original Ford Firebird

My first car was a ‘78 Pinto, forest green. Like @alloy we had a guy in town with a 302 in his.
I had a baby blue one in high school for a bit. It had a 4 banger in it. I blew the rear-end in it and junked it. It was actually a fun little car. After that I had several Lemans'es, a Tempest, and a GTO.
Those were way better!

I had a Pinto, had to put a piece of plywood on the floor to keep from getting splashed in the rain, ran good though. Sold it and bought a Falcon that had been crunched for $45. Some shade tree body work and drove it for two years.

I had a 70s vintage ESS (Economy Sport Special) I replaced the V6 with a hot 4 banger, put in an 8 point cage, it made one heck of a Mini-Stock.

My first car was a ‘78 Pinto, forest green. Like @alloy we had a guy in town with a 302 in his.
My first car was a 72 pinto wagon. It had dark tinted windows and a mattress in the back. Had a lot of fun in that car in high school. I often rented it to my buddies during lunch breaks at school.

So where are all the Pintos now? I see one the road in the summer, a Hot Rod version. Other than that, I don't even see them setting around.

Tim
My wife was driving a Pinto when we met. It broke down in the parking lot at work, I helped get it going, and she fixed dinner to pay me back. That was 44 years ago. I spent quite a bit of time working on that car. It would blow out spark plugs, the transmission lines leaked, and there were other odds and ends issues. I doubt if many Pintos survived this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back