Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife was driving a Pinto when we met. It broke down in the parking lot at work, I helped get it going, and she fixed dinner to pay me back. That was 44 years ago. I spent quite a bit of time working on that car. It would blow out spark plugs, the transmission lines leaked, and there were other odds and ends issues. I doubt if many Pintos survived this long.
That's awesome!

I just remembered that my dad was a letter carrier when I was a kid. Right after the US Postal Service bought thousands of Pintos from Ford, their little problem when rear ended came to alight. My dad was not happy about it at all.

My wife was driving a Pinto when we met. It broke down in the parking lot at work, I helped get it going, and she fixed dinner to pay me back. That was 44 years ago. I spent quite a bit of time working on that car. It would blow out spark plugs, the transmission lines leaked, and there were other odds and ends issues. I doubt if many Pintos survived this long.

I did something like that many moons ago. Helped a girl fix her car in the grocery store parking lot. I got more than dinner as a payback.

So, we are taking girlfriends/wife's now. It was Sadie Hawkens day (I'm not sure that really means anything) and we were in my shop replacing the heads on her 1968 F250 with a 390. About 5 minutes to midnight dressed in mechanic overalls she asked me to merry her! That was 29 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back