Status
Not open for further replies.
You only need one wire if you touch the bumpers together!
As long as they aren't plastic bumpers and the rust isn't too bad.

I had a Chevy 4WD years ago and the rear drive shaft broke loose at the front universal joint. Thankfully, the shaft didn't pole vault me. A got out and assessed the situation and decided that if I was able to suspend the drive shaft, I could engage the 4WD and drive with the front axle. However I didn't have any suitable wire with me so I "borrowed" some barbed wire from a roadside fence which enabled me to drive the few miles home. I had some fence mending to do but it was an effective solution.

As long as they aren't plastic bumpers and the rust isn't too bad.

I had a Chevy 4WD years ago and the rear drive shaft broke loose at the front universal joint. Thankfully, the shaft didn't pole vault me. A got out and assessed the situation and decided that if I was able to suspend the drive shaft, I could engage the 4WD and drive with the front axle. However I didn't have any suitable wire with me so I "borrowed" some barbed wire from a roadside fence which enabled me to drive the few miles home. I had some fence mending to do but it was an effective solution.
A good friend was driving on the highway and his exhaust was rubbing the ground. He "fixed" it multiple times but it continued to fall to the highway after a few miles. He was wrapping the wire around the drive shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back