2017 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
When home improvement calls are received there are 2 ways to get them to hang up.

If you wish to bug them then describe your home as good job for whatever they are selling then to get them upset wait until they talk financing.

Either state your rent bill is too much (renters cannot usually do anything) and or food stamp have not arrived...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Randy, i've been reading the post of yesterday and today and wanted to add my own about a telemarketer i dated some time ago, i usually don't like talking to telemarketer and more often just say i'm busy please don't bother me again, but one day i had to wait on someone in my car for three hours and got a call on my burn phone so i thought i'll have some fun it will make the waiting less boring, so i started talking, making jokes and after hour and half passed the call got disconnected and i left it at that, a week later a friend wanted to grab coffee and brought with her a friend and the friend started talking about a guy who she talk to thru work and she wanted to meet but she was too shy, i ask her what did you two talk about so he left such an impression and after the second sentence i know that she was the telemarketer i spoke to and the person she was referring was me, i let her finish describing the phone call we had, and tell her do you have the number she said yes, then call him, me and your friend are here for moral support, so she dial my number and when she heard my voice looking me straight in my eyes, her face changed color to red in a second, it took both of them couple of second to realize exactly what happened and we all started laughing, the world is such a small place.

Here's another one with a telemarketer that really happened. This fast talking guy calls me and 10 seconds later in the middle of his spiel he tells me to hold. Yeah, right. Two days later the same guy calls and 8 seconds later, he does the same thing. So I thought, what the he!! I was in the middle of reading so I waited. He came back on, so I said, "hey, hold please" and put the phone down. Five minutes later, pick up the phone and the guy was really holding! So said no, I don't think so. The guy hung up on me. Imagine that.

I once went off on a telemarketer and her boss called me a minute later wanting to know what "my problem was." I told him "my problem" was the phone is for my convenience not a way for him to make a living bothering people. He hung up on me - imagine that!

Not much of a talker on the phone. So telemarketers get little of my time. Life is too short for that non-sense.
Did have one call a few yrs back, that I cut short and hung up on . He calls back almost immediately, dressing me down for being rude. I kept my cool an proceeded to explain to him that he was the one that had, in effect, knocked on my door, and when I opened the door, ( answered the phone), and then told him to leave, (hung up the phone), he was not welcome. So now he has intruded into my home, unwelcomed. I then told him to leave my house immediately.
He couldn't hang up quickly enough.

I had a salesman stop at my house once trying to sell me a barbecue service. All the while he talked, my golden retriever was barking at him through the screen door. She was the friendliest dog you could want but he didn't know that. Barking was her way to get attention. I told him I wasn't interested but he kept talking so finally I told him I was giving him 5 seconds to get off the porch before I opened the door. He was gone in 3 when I put my hand on the knob.

More illogic: I am always right. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back