2020 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how come destructable and indestructable are opposites, but flammable and inflammable mean the same thing?
:sherlock:
Actually Flammable and inflammable are opposites as they should be, but owing to massive misuse by the petroleum majors, they have miss-educated the general public who no longer know the difference.

When I was studying Marine Engineering at uni, in the combustion laboratory we were very quickly disabused of the popular usage, and were forbidden to use inflammable, the instructions were quite clear, it was either Flammable or Non Flammable.

This is a copy and paste from our local classified(Kijiji):

2 Females Looking for Work

Posted 7 minutes ago

Bold St, Hamilton, ON L8P 1V6, Canada(View Map)

Description
We are a partnership that is willing to help with whatever you may need help with. We can also do demolitions for renovations or after cleanup. Just bought a house but previous tentants left a bunch of stuff behind? We can help with physical labour removal of any hoarding situation. Need help with something that isn't listed? PLEASE MESSAGE US FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES **WE ARE NOT PROSTITUTES PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE WITH SEXUAL FAVORS** YOU WILL BE IGNORED SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE

A man's wife asks him to go to the store to buy some cigarettes, so he walks down to the store only to find it closed.

So he goes into a nearby bar to use the vending machine. At the bar he sees a beautiful woman and starts talking to her.

They have a couple of beers and one thing leads to another and they end up in her apartment.

After they've had their fun, he realizes its 3 a.m. and says, "Oh no, it's so late, my wife's going to kill me." He takes his shoes outside and rubs them in the grass and mud, then proceeds home.

His wife is waiting for him in the doorway and she is pretty ****** off. "Where the hell have you been?!?!" "Well, honey, it's like this. I went to the store like you asked, but they were closed. So I went to the bar to use the vending machine. I saw this great-looking chick there and we had a few drinks and one thing led to another and I ended up in bed with her."

She sees his shoes are covered with grass and says, "You lying bastard!!! You've been fishing again!!!"

And another brick wall banging moment.
As a child I loved all the Burl Ives songs that were played on the radio.
Such as The Farmer and the Boll weevil.
Being in the UK I had no idea what a Boll Weevil was but did gather it was the name of an insect.
The Shoo fly song was another.
After the Boll Weevil song I assumed that a "shoe fly" was another kind of insect.
I was in my 50's when I heard the shoo fly song again whereupon it struck me hard enough that I burst out laughing when I realised what he had been singing about all those years ago.
As I said, talk about thick but I do get there in the end.

Accents can be a tricky thing. I used to talk to one of our dealers in New England. To me, he sounded just like JFK. I can just hear the "kah keys".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back