2021 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Wobbly. Now I’m stuck with all of these habañeros that I bought for Halloween treats.

Tom
I grew some "squash" peppers that were supposed to be sweet, not hot. I've also grown habaneros. The squash peppers look a lot like habaneros. Grabbed a squash pepper out of the garden and popped it into my mouth and crunched down on it. Apparently it really was a hab, and it was a really hot one! I was totally unprepared for that. You remember the Looney Tunes cartoons, where there is a black background and a white inner circle, and the inner circle gets smaller and smaller until it is gone? Well that was my eyesight. Must've fainted, because I found myself on the ground. I like habaneros, but a little bit at a time. Never had another "squash" pepper again! Habs, yes, which are great pickled.

Years ago we were at a work luncheon and one of our guys dove into some salsa not realizing it was made with ghost peppers. It wasn't labeled. He nearly passed out and we all thought he was having a heart attack. Med aid arrived and treated him and it was then determined the cause was the ghost pepper. I believe they are at least twice as hot as the Habs. I like spicey, but not it has to be flavorful and can't cause damage! LOL
I grew some "squash" peppers that were supposed to be sweet, not hot. I've also grown habaneros. The squash peppers look a lot like habaneros. Grabbed a squash pepper out of the garden and popped it into my mouth and crunched down on it. Apparently it really was a hab, and it was a really hot one! I was totally unprepared for that. You remember the Looney Tunes cartoons, where there is a black background and a white inner circle, and the inner circle gets smaller and smaller until it is gone? Well that was my eyesight. Must've fainted, because I found myself on the ground. I like habaneros, but a little bit at a time. Never had another "squash" pepper again! Habs, yes, which are great pickled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back