2021 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mid to late 1980s, when mad cow was very much in the news, I was spending about half my time in Britain and half in California. In the US I’m still not allowed to donate blood, just in case. I think rules like that helped keep it out of the US.

RJ commented on eye sight going down hill. My wife & I both had cataracts that got bad. We've had the eye surgery where they replace the lens with plastic. Neat trick, eyes open while they do it but all you see is blurs. The top of the line ones are made so you don't need reading glasses because they auto focus just like you real ones did. So far they have worked great. No idea how long that will last.
I have to schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist. This Covid thing has kept me laying low for the last twenty months. Hopefully, the degradation is just a cataract and not macular degeneration. ,

David would think of something like this :)
View attachment 385949
With my luck it would bounce out. ...and as I grabbed for it, I would shove the drill/driver into the water. And then I would follow as I grabbed for the drill/driver, taking the umbrella with me. My buddy would laugh so hard that he fell over backward into the drink too.

It being winter on the New England coast, falling into 10 ft. of freezing salt water would result in hypothermia as we struggled to get out on the ice covered rigging. In the process, I would have deep sixed the car keys and the cell phone shorted out in the salt water. Walking a mile back to the highway, we would finally get a passing pickup truck to stop and he would drop us at a bar down the road. The kind hearted barkeep would let me use his phone so I could call the wife to come down with the spare set of keys and buy us a stiff drink to warm us up.

What a guy's gotta do to get a free drink!

It being winter on the New England coast, falling into 10 ft. of freezing salt water would result in hypothermia as we struggled to get out on the ice covered rigging. In the process, I would have deep sixed the car keys and the cell phone shorted out in the salt water. Walking a mile back to the highway, we would finally get a passing pickup truck to stop and he would drop us at a bar down the road. The kind hearted barkeep would let me use his phone so I could call the wife to come down with the spare set of keys and buy us a stiff drink to warm us up.

What a guy's gotta do to get a free drink!
Yer brain ain't thawed out yet, RJ. You forgot all about having to ride in the bed of the pickup... which just happened to be delivering a full load of block ice to the bar.

:beer mugs:

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back