Tom’s Techniques knurler

Just caught a crazy deal of 15 sets of all different types of wheels 5/8x1/4x1/4 on eBay for $10 a set! Score! Wasn’t there an hour ago.....

Caught=bought. Dunno how long it will take to get here. It looks like there are duplicates, so I’ll let you know when they show. Are you looking for something specific?

Nice job on the knurler! You did a great job on it!

How is the knurl quality?

Tom used to be a member here, he now resides on the Metal working fun forum..............

Thanks Mike. This was my quickey practice piece that was in the picture. The diamond pattern to the right, furthest away from the threads was where I cranked it down to get a better knurl. This is only my third attempt at knurling and first with this device.

Attachments

• 5CE8F5B7-E4F6-4567-A0D2-67AD8F1C0D78.jpeg
    5CE8F5B7-E4F6-4567-A0D2-67AD8F1C0D78.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
I made one a year or two ago. Those work really well but are a little limited on the size the material you can knurl.

Caught=bought. Dunno how long it will take to get here. It looks like there are duplicates, so I’ll let you know when they show. Are you looking for something specific?
Nothing specific, just a good general purpose crosshatch. More if you end up with more dupes. Thanks!

Looks good to me! Congrats on your new tool. A good knurling tool makes a big difference.

Back