Toner cartridge parts

Tozguy

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I took a HP435 toner cartridge apart to recycle a couple of small coil springs but found that there are some other interesting parts.....

from left to right;
+two different sizes of squeegees on steel angle iron (might make a good rakes for cleaning the chip pan, or way wipers)
+a rubber coated rod that must be very straight
+a coated thin walled aluminum tube that must be very straight
+a smaller coated aluminum tube
+a magnetized rod that would be good for picking chips out of tight places, etc.

How is that for trivia!

IMG_0455.JPG

Yes! Lots of good parts from toner cartridges. Old printers are a goldmine too. (I have no idea why my wife says I'm a hoarder...)

welcome to my world of neat parts discoveries----It is sometimes a very messy job(I've taken apart many copier machines large and small) on finding good parts in toner cartridges, but my shop is full of good supplies that come from recycling. I think before I throw anything in the trash I totally remove every part that can be useful in future projects--my head is always spinning on finding new free parts in every location. one big problem with all this excitement of finding new treasures is organizing them in shop so they're easy to find when needed. I have been searching and collecting for a long time and anyone that see my shops can't believe all my neat supplies--I just need to look in my storage when I need material for a project.----besides copier machines here are some other items I've found free neat parts in-----adding machines--electric typewriters--roller blades--shock absorbers--aluminum aerosol cans--printers--computers--bed springs--mattresses--car parts-----actually everything I have ever taken apart I've found something neat worth keeping---some times it is a messy job but it also teaches you how to disassemble things without ruining parts---I am almost 75 and I am still having fun finding new treasures in stuff that is trashed----happy hunting---Dave ***look at the old thread "ideas for scroungers" to find more treasure locations

Last edited:
... this is why my shop requires a navigation map.

There was a back page article in Popular Mechanics, Home Handyman or Popular Science around 1970 that was titled something like "The Depression Kid's Workshop". It was interesting because it talked about how everything was saved, bent nails, rusty screws ... I'm too young to have lived through the great depression but I believe I inherited some of the mindset from my Dad. I don't save bent nails and I'm picky about what used nuts and bolts I save, but I still have way too much salvaged stuff. Any metal that I don't keep does get recycled.

Another hoarder/packrat/cheap esso bee here. When I started messing with Arduino stuff, I went to Good WIll and bought every derelict inkjet printer they had, usually for less than $5.

DC motors, stepper motors, gears, shafts, cams,clutches, belts, power supplies and a lifetime supply of small hardware.

I’m in the process of getting rid of a lot of my salvaged parts, I simply need the space. Not to mention finding that item I know I have (saved for 30 years) usually takes longer than simply ordering a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks just like the Brother TN450, we have tons of empties. I dunno what I'd even use the guts for other to get my wife to roll her eyes at me. Can't get enough of that!

Yah but that magnetic rod on the left must be good for something, it is quite a strong magnet.

Back