Tool and cutter grinder build

Now you're scaring me. ;)

If the content of the various drawing sets vary that much, then I may just take you up on your offer to share your drawings when you are done with your build. I have other things I can do in the meantime. :)

Don't be scared, I'm scared enough for both of us :rofl:. Every time I have to sort this thing out it gets frustrating :panic:, but after all the hours of searching, I have found a lot of answers and finding more every day.

I am making a material list as I go per your suggestion. When this thing is done, I will see you get My version of plans and the list.

Don't be scared, I'm scared enough for both of us :rofl:. Every time I have to sort this thing out it gets frustrating :panic:, but after all the hours of searching, I have found a lot of answers and finding more every day.

I am making a material list as I go per your suggestion. When this thing is done, I will see you get My version of plans and the list.

Thank you Sir! :)

Excellent! Keep it coming. Is that black wrinkle a powder coat or some sort of epoxy/enamel, or... ?

Mark

Excellent! Keep it coming. Is that black wrinkle a powder coat or some sort of epoxy/enamel, or... ?

Mark

It is a rattle can spray paint like the finish on the Kennedy tool chests. When you bake it or use a heat gun to dry it it wrinkles nicely. Starrett used it on some of their tooling years ago. It is very durable. It was available at Lowe's. I hope it still is. It comes in red, black , brown, and gray. I have used it for over 45 years on various projects.

It is a rattle can spray paint like the finish on the Kennedy tool chests. When you bake it or use a heat gun to dry it it wrinkles nicely. Starrett used it on some of their tooling years ago. It is very durable. It was available at Lowe's. I hope it still is. It comes in red, black , brown, and gray. I have used it for over 45 years on various projects.

Ah, I know the stuff, but haven't had any of it around for a coon's age. It always worked well for me too.

Darn... I'll have to go fetch up a can sense now you got me thinking about it. :lmao:

Mark

Rough day today. Everything I touched turned to crap. I spent 5 hours drilling six holes and counterbores. I machined the three leveling feet, Drilled the hole through them, then drilled through the base end blocks. Next was a 1/2" x 1/2" counterbore on the base bottom for the stub on the feet to fit in. The counterbores went badly and were oversize and ugly. So I cut them out to 5/8" and one of those is kinda chewed and ugly , but it will be hidden when assembled. Then I had to cut the stubs off the feet and machine new ones to fit the counterbores. It was just bad, bad, bad. After four hours , I quit, cleaned up and went in the house. I'll get after it tomorrow. I want to start making the micrometer for the front bar.

WP_20150116_13_22_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20150116_13_23_13_Pro.jpg These are photos of the feet I spent all day making. It's not much , but some progress is better than none I guess.

WP_20150116_13_22_44_Pro.jpg WP_20150116_13_23_13_Pro.jpg

Nice to know that other more experienced people have days like this too. No offense. :lmao:

If you were a baseball player Mark, you'd be the best player... most of them strike out 7 out of 10 times!!!!!

if you feel that you have struck out on just one job( or just having a bad day:angry:), you just might me expecting too much to bat .1000 everytime. :))

chin up, and keep making magic for us to see!
mike:))

P.S.
when i mess up and have to do repairs for my mistake, i call it CUSTOMIZED, Operationally Engineered , or Retrofit !!!:jester:

Yea, mother said there would be days like these. What she forgot to mention was that it's easier to keep track of the days that ARN'T like these! :lmao: At least that is the way things often go for me it seems. At least in the end, it can stand on it's own 3 legs now. That's progress in my book.

Mark

Back