Tool buying advice good deal ?

Too many duplications of tools shown there; bear in mind that e bay buyers are for the most part CHEAP! so selling there is a crapshoot for value; if it was me, I'd pick up what I NEEDED from e bay or other second hand sources, and be selective about name brands.

That's more of that kind of tool than I had when I retired after 30 years.

You don’t need all that stuff, so it has to be cheap to entice you to buy it. Offer half, see what happens. Seller can say no, some get offended. Leave them your phone # in case they change their mind.

It’s harsh, but sellers sometimes think in terms of what they paid, or what that item sells for new today, especially if it’s old US made tools. But you can outfit yourself pretty well for $500 using the cheap foreign stuff until you learn enough to know what tools you really use and can appreciate higher quality.

Just a thought.

Too many duplications of tools shown there; bear in mind that e bay buyers are for the most part CHEAP! so selling there is a crapshoot for value; if it was me, I'd pick up what I NEEDED from e bay or other second hand sources, and be selective about name brands.

+1 on what benmychree said. If you're just getting started, it makes sense to focus on tools you really need which to some degree
depends on what machines you own and what parts you plan on making. Do you really need four calipers and seven micrometers to
start with? It doesn't really matter if $1000.00 is a good price for the tools offered if they aren't the tools you need. I'd take a pass.

As others have said it's more tools than you really need to start out. Are they quality manufactures? Offer $300:00 and se what happens. I've always purchased tools as I need them. That way you won't be stuck with a tools you never use.

Back