Tool holder holding a "T" cut off blade

Pcmaker

Registered
Registered
So,I have this type of parting blade holder:

3WEPaEN.jpg

The problem is that I have a "T" shaped, tapered blade and it follows the side of the tool holder. It's kind of hard to see, but the blade is not perfectly vertical. The blade leans to the side a bit and I have no idea how to make it stand straight up.

hDy6jBg.jpg

You have the wrong blade . I would think it be better to purchase the correct blades for the holder vs. altering your holder .

Although many call these blades T-type the actual name is P-type. I've seen P-type blade holders that have a relief (not QCTP holders), should be fine to mill out a relief on an inexpensive China holder. But then again I don't use these blades & have never tried it.

Looks like the blade in photos above got pretty hot during the grinding.

That's a heckuva an angle. I think the blade should be ~7°. What's the angle of the holder?
That deson't look like a T or P type blade, not saying it isn't just looks different than mine.

I use that holder with the "T" shaped blade.
I havnt ground a relief although I probably will.
I regularly part off stainless with no problems.
My major problem is the hex socket has worn to unusable, its L/H at the socket end and R/H at the other end and I cant find a replacement.

What tool holder is used with the "T" type? or "P" as someone mentioned?

You have the wrong blade . I would think it be better to purchase the correct blades for the holder vs. altering your holder .
Do thy sell a qctp holder with the relief as described I have yet to see one but admit haven't gave much of a look. I use a T style one and have no problems with it. When the tool is drawn into the holder the tool squares up to the holder because of the top and bottom surfaces of the tool. The tool shouldnt be seeing side loads so the "gap" shouldn't effect the cut. I too have seen people modify the holder by cutting a slot but I never had a problem to do so.

Back