Tool holder rack

Larry$

Registered
Registered
I have accumulated more tool holders than my original rack will hold. Therefore I made this one. It is a 48" piece of Unistrut bolted to the lip of the lathe back splash so it is on a slope. Two 10-32 screws hold each piece of 1 1/2" aluminum angle, cut from salvaged scrap, on my cold saw. Took a lot of spotting, drilling, tapping, deburring!
The photo was taken before I made the last 6 angles to totally fill out. Now easier to see and grab.

Attachments

• Tool holder rack 1 DSC_9826.JPG
    Tool holder rack 1 DSC_9826.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 181
Unistut idea is awesome! Magnetic wrench holder wouldn’t work for me :)

Magnetic wrench holder wouldn’t work for me
I had wondered about how well it would hold when I put it up 3 years ago. So far no wrenches have fallen. I should probably make a more secure way to hold them. I'll put it on my list. Right now I have a chainsaw torn apart.

Gotta love 'strut! Great use of it BTW.

I had wondered about how well it would hold when I put it up 3 years ago. So far no wrenches have fallen. I should probably make a more secure way to hold them. I'll put it on my list. Right now I have a chainsaw torn apart.
I was more concerned about all the chips sticking to the magnet. Nothing magnetic seems good by my mill or lathe. I might just be really messy. :)

Very nice! The only thing I can offer is turn the unistrut over so it doesn't fill with chips.
I've never checked whether I have any chips in the strut. There probably is some but, I really don't care. It doesn't impede the operation of the lathe.
The only chips I clear are in the chip pan. The rest can stay where they are. Once the strut fills up the rest will fall into the pan, then I'll remove them.
My lathe is a working machine not a show piece.

Back