Tool holders

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Been busy trying to finish of my fathers 80th birthday gift and yes he is in his Eighties now and still making chips

The retaining cap screw in the pictures you can see is an eccentric so you slide the hss into the holder and then just a light turn on the eccentric and it locks the hss bit nice and solidly then there is a nut on the back side and once snugged up it pulls the the hss bit into the holder also stopping any movements sideways .

There is clearance on the cap screw head and won't interfier with face cutting at all and even a bit of room to make it a bit thinner if need be

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You made the tool holders or just the cam screw? The cam screw is a neat idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You made the tool holders or just the cam screw? The cam screw is a neat idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Made the tool holders as well I have access to a water jet cutter so cut the basic billet then milled the rest .

Very nice, hey i'll be 80 in 6 months . If you start right after our Dad's are through you could have mine done in time. Add account

yahoo.gif

Very nice, hey i'll be 80 in 6 months . If you start right after our Dad's are through you could have mine done in time. Add account
Haha thanks Mud ,good to know you can still be tinkering at 80 ,my father is just finishing of machining a new hydraulic cylinder for one of my elder brothers press ,my father is all seft taught left school at 11 and was put to work on our farm in Western Australia were he spent all his life working and taught himself all the tricks of the trade .

I'll hit 80 in six weeks, can you get mine done by the end of January?

Just kidding, but a print with dimensions, would be nice. I can probably carve one out to fit my (expected) PM 1022 Lathe.

I'll hit 80 in six weeks, can you get mine done by the end of January?

Just kidding, but a print with dimensions, would be nice. I can probably carve one out to fit my (expected) PM 1022 Lathe.
I am sorry Bredehoft I could only do a rough sketch to give you ideas ,Most of my builds I usually wing it and go with what my gut feeling and mind tells me ,All I have at the moment is a cardboard template for the cutting out of the basic tool holder shape .I will try and draw it up by hand best I can that will give you the basics

I will try and draw it up by hand

That would be great, Private Message me when it's satisfactory to you.

Does the cam lock when turned counter clockwise so as to tighten when in use?

Back