Tool Offsets and Mach 3

The post processor should not be offsetting for Z heights. The Z values generated by the post processor should only correspond to the amount of movement for the tool relative to the Z zero. Mach 3 does the height offset based on the settings in the tool table.

I just looked at a Fusion Tutorial and it is a version of HSM with a different interface. The tool table is the same. If I can figure out how to install F360 I will take a look at the post processor.

The post processor should not be offsetting for Z heights. The Z values generated by the post processor should only correspond to the amount of movement for the tool relative to the Z zero. Mach 3 does the height offset based on the settings in the tool table.

I get what you are saying but it is not reflected in the code. For some reason Mach3 tool offsets are not being included in the generated code. I can manually change the H number but it has no effect.

Tom S.

There must be a setting in Fusion 360. I installed it but I cant seem to find the CAM.

You might also try the Autodesk forums and/or post in the Drawing, Layout & Cam forum on this site.

There must be a setting in Fusion 360. I installed it but I cant seem to find the CAM.

You might also try the Autodesk forums and/or post in the Drawing, Layout & Cam forum on this site.

In the upper left corner there is a box that says "Model" with a down arrow next to it. Click in the box and a drop down menu appears. One of the options is CAM. Hope this helps.

Tom S.

Been on the Autodesk forum for several hours today. Haven't found or received a definitive answer yet. Will try the Drawing forum here. Did a general search but didn't find anything.

Thanks,

Tom S.

I regenerated code after using the Fusion tool table instead of my tool table. Lo and behold the "T" and "H" numbers match! Looks like my tool table is the culprit even though I filled it out like the Fusion tool table. A work around is to generate the code then edit it. Not a big deal as the code file isn't too big. I still would like to find out what is going on so I can make the correction.

Tom S.

I regenerated code after using the Fusion tool table instead of my tool table. Lo and behold the "T" and "H" numbers match! Looks like my tool table is the culprit even though I filled it out like the Fusion tool table. A work around is to generate the code then edit it. Not a big deal as the code file isn't too big. I still would like to find out what is going on so I can make the correction.

Tom S.

I'm not sure what you mean by use the Fusion table?

Attached is a g-code for a simple 1" x 1" x 2" block with two holes drilled in it. One is a .5" hole drilled 1" deep and the other is a .25" hole .5" deep. I'm curious what your g-code looks like for the same part? The work coordinate is on the top in the upper left corner.

Block.png

Attachments

• Test File 1.txt
    559 bytes · Views: 2
Back