Tool post drilling attachment

Brento

Registered
Registered
Does anyone remember the post of someone who made a drilling attachment to a lathe tool post? If i remember correctly the person used 2 precision bearings in a holder and attached a cordless drill to drill rod which was in the bearings to a drill chuck to drill perpendicular to the part on a lathe. I had the post saved on my previous account on here but when i had to make a new account i lost alot of my saved posts.

This one is still going. Needs an update but haven't found the time to fix it better.
Still comes in real handy for putting a hole on center. Diameter of stock and length of drill bit can crowd things.
I have a few cutoff drills in order to use them for certain jobs. Have even used a 3/8 endmill to spot drill locations, but that is abusive to it.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/center-drill-for-lathe.10466/#post-272736

That looks interesting rgray i like the motor idea. Im not great with electrical stuff but id certainly give it a try

I won't even show you guys the crude mess I use to drill centered holes in SS tubing on my boat. Another tool holder to add to the list for the qctp that I am slowly making.

Here is mine . Crude but did what was needed for me. 1/4 hp motorimage.jpeg

Back