Tool Post Mounted Grinder

One more. mounted on the dovetail spigot of an Atlas 12/36.
The base of the compound was reproduced in aluminum and drill rod used for pins to contact the steel dovetail spigot. I drilled and tapped the pins for "rescue removal" should they become stuck (paranoia) which they have not done to date. Porter Cable router run through router speed control. Also does fluting with any 1/4 shafted mills or router bits in aluminum or brass.
IMG_0348.JPGIMG_0349.JPGIMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0350.jpg

Great variations to the theme, keep them coming, sooner or later someone will say "I've already got the grinder............."
Regards Beagles.

Hello Beagles,

Nicely done holder for the grinder, and congratulations on having the 'good taste' to own that Maximat Super 11 - sweet machine. I am the lucky owner of a Maximat V10-P and couldn't be happier (well, perhaps a Super 11 would make me a bit happier!) :drool: But you know how we 'toolaholics' are.

I did something similar but a bit different insofar as my toolpost grinder - I have one of those Foredom flexible shaft driven tools and it really lends itself to this application. Simply made up a holder to mount on the compound in lieu of the QCTP with the body of the handpiece held in place by two grub screws. The holder was originally made to fit a smaller Atlas I had previously before finding the Maximat, so those are the photos shown here:

DSCN7848.JPGDSCN7853.JPGDSCN7858.JPG

DSCN7848.JPG DSCN7853.JPG DSCN7858.JPG

Back