tool rest for lathe

borjawil

Registered
Registered
I have an atlas 6" with a broken tool rest. Being a hard to find and/or expensive part, I was wondering if someone with a mill/cnc could make me one. There is a detailed video showing how to do this exactly.

I am willing to pay if you'd like just let me know the cost. I really appreciate the help! I can also trade services for this. My background is in building motorcycles from the ground up, welding, rebuilding engines, rebuilding carbs, wiring harness, painting, etc., so if one of these needs to be done let me know and I'm glad to return the favor.

Can you get a photo up, or a model number? Likely there is someone with an unused compound slide around.

Many of us could make that part for you, either manually, or CNC, but a good used one probably will be less expensive, IMO.

I have no pic at the moment. But you can save the original compound. Mill out the damaged area and replace with screwed down metal strips to resemble the original T slot. Bada bing bada boom!...Dave

I like what chips&more is proposing. Perhaps a local machine shop could mill that off in no time and you could make the flat bars, drill and tap. Bada bing bada boom! Done!

David

I am willing to pay if you'd like just let me know the cost. I really appreciate the help! I can also trade services for this. My background is in building motorcycles from the ground up, welding, rebuilding engines, rebuilding carbs, wiring harness, painting, etc., so if one of these needs to be done let me know and I'm glad to return the favor.[/QUOTE]
============================================

This might help you out. It is worth a shot. Just use the parts you need and list the rest for sale to retrieve some of your cost. ---- John

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-CRAFT...512845?hash=item4b10a0ad8d:g:1CUAAOSw2xRYh~r0

yeo i was watching that. Got outbid. damn that thing went for a high price. Also I checked out an ad of CL and the guy wanted $500 lol.

Back