Tooling Identification Mentor needed......

Olddaddy

Registered
Registered
I've got a lot of tooling. I'm on my third lathe in the past few years. Each purchase of a newer, bigger, better machine increased the pile of tooling currently laying around my work area. Some stuff I don't even know what it is or does. I'd really like to send some pictures to somebody who could help me identify stuff. If I've got six of something I need one of I'd like to move five of them on to another person who can use them.

I've been around quite a while. I'll take a shot at it if you send me the pics.

Send all of us the pics, you should be able to post the pics to this thread, your a premium member so shouldn't cost much to sell stuff here
Thanks

That's a great idea! I'll post some over the weekend, thanks for the help guys!!

I drove over to Merritt Island and picked up another Craftsman 12 X 36 lathe and a pile of tooling. As mentioned, some of it is stuff I don't recognize. Some I do recognize, but wonder how many I need of any given thing? Others I wonder what they are worth as I will not be keeping all of it. I also have no idea how many pictures I can post, so will start with a few and keep going, have about 15 altogether.

#6 Mystery bits.JPG

#7 Mystery Bits.JPG

#8 Mystery Bits.JPG

#9 Mystery Bits.JPG

#10 Turret Chucks.JPG

Well you have the taper attachment follow and steady rest
top item here
9-mystery-bits-jpg.234420

and bottom here is the taper

1-taper-attachment-jpg.234427

Yup you have quite the collection, what type lathe do the chucks / face plates fit ?.

Back