Tooling Identification Mentor needed......

Ok let's get some parts together that go together . The mystery bits go with the follow and steady rests they bolt it to the lathe bed. Collets and collet chuck go together , chucks go with lathe they fit Ck the back for threaded mount. Faceplates the same, drive dogs are there. Picture with the three bars top slotted the top I think goes with the taper attachment in bottom of last picture. The gray slide I think is for milling on the lathe with the draw bar with chrome handle. Pictures 12- 14 are dead centers , half center, drill chucks , some morse adapters , a couple special quick connects but only half. You have a tailstock turret , cone centers , regular live centers , one looks interchangeable tipped , or just the tips. Picture 9 the gray piece I think is for a drill press for mortiseing wood.
You have some good parts try them out if they fit and work keep, if not sell or whatever. Single out any ifee items if your not sure and ask again.

Great thread.
These puzzles are always fun!

Daryl
MN

Went to an auction yesterday. I do not know what they were thinking having an auction in the middle of a three day weekend in the spring?
Worked out good for me though. I won't list it but,machinist buddies were there when they finally got around to the stuff I was interested in, 4 1/2-5 hours!
Got three coffee cans full of misc bits, 1/4"-1", a couple of drawers full of Jacobs chucks, boxes of new bits carbide and HSS, new drill bits, cutting oil. A big box of reamers and some Starrett stuff, tally for the day was $40 even. Got it all sorted out and both guys figured I got $5-600 worth of usable stuff. The reamers were in sad shape, but I see boring bars?

The above pics,made a light come on. The lathe at this auction was some kind of old monkey wards, it had a rough life to say the least. A LOT of welding went on with the head stock.
The pieces and parts in the pics above, I saw a fair bit of them in the junk pile! Guys were hauling stuff out of the basement and putting it in the scrap pile, what a shame, what a mess.
I did dig around and try to sort stuff but they just kept piling and I gave up.
Jeff

So, I'm curious about the taper jig. Do the two smaller parts in this pics go with it somehow or is it complete with just the two larger parts?

I appreciate the replies so far. I was able to connect the steady rests with their bases. Figured out the collets/chuck and the turret. A great help!

IMG_4224.JPG

Also curious about this piece. It's marked Precicion and slides along its length. The wear marks in the paint look like it fits onto the way of the lathe.......

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

So, I'm curious about the taper jig. Do the two smaller parts in this pics go with it somehow or is it complete with just the two larger parts?

I appreciate the replies so far. I was able to connect the steady rests with their bases. Figured out the collets/chuck and the turret. A great help!
the top one is the guide for the taper att. The bottom looks like the threading stop

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/51/3507.pdf

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/51/16804.pdf

Last edited:
I sorted things out pretty much over the last week. This pic is one I need more help with. The tapered collets, are they for use with the tailstock or the drawbar or some other setup? The two cups on the right, any ideas? And the two MT bits on the left?

IMG_4365.JPG

The mt arbors on the left I believe are for drill chucks, Jacobs taper on one end and mt on the other.

Back