Tooling Identification Mentor needed......

What a collection of stuff! I will likely be interested in some of your extra items to use on my own Craftsman 12x36, if you still want to shrink your pile of extras.
I just found this thread and will surely try to help with the identification where I can.
Randall

In your last picture, the 2 on the left are for drill chucks. The middle 6 are Morse Taper collets, to be used with a drawbar in the headstock spindle. The next one looks like a die holder to hold threading dies in the tailstock. Does it have setscrews in the rim that would line up with the dimples on round threading dies? The item on the far right looks like a female center for the tailstock. It would be used in place of a normal center for workholding, possibly for pipe or tubing or shafts that have a male cone on the end instead of a female center hole.
Hope it helps, Charlie.
Randall

I appreciate the replies and info, very helpful. I've sold some stuff and have a few things on Ebay. Most of it will sit till I figure out if I can use it or not.

Being a premium member here, you can list for free and avoid the ebay costs when you are ready. When you get to that point, I would love the taper attachment and a steady rest and follow rest for my 12x36 if you have extras.

I've got a lot of tooling. I'm on my third lathe in the past few years. Each purchase of a newer, bigger, better machine increased the pile of tooling currently laying around my work area. Some stuff I don't even know what it is or does. I'd really like to send some pictures to somebody who could help me identify stuff. If I've got six of something I need one of I'd like to move five of them on to another person who can use them.
Send me your pictures I will try to identify them
I have been in this trade all my life

I sorted things out pretty much over the last week. This pic is one I need more help with. The tapered collets, are they for use with the tailstock or the drawbar or some other setup? The two cups on the right, any ideas? And the two MT bits on the left?

The collets look to be from a M Head Bridgeport Mill.

Hey Charlie, I just re-found this old thread and wonder how you are making out with your large stash of tooling. Have you identified everything? Still have any extras?
Please let us know how you are doing.
Thanks.
Randall

image.jpg

I've identified most things and sold off quite a few. I still have the collet chuck and collets, a couple of chucks and the precision cross slide and turret. I haven't had a lot of time this summer, work has kept me busy six days a week 12 hours a day. Somebodies making money, but not me........Tonight we are waiting on hurricane Irma to visit us sometime tomorrow. Finished boarding up the house and battening down the hatches. The generator is ready, hope we have enough propane!

Hi Charlie, i was wondering how you fared in the storm???
i'm hoping you and your home were spared.
how are you doing and how are things???

Back