Toolmaster 1D - need help

Skyboy

Marty Mayes
Registered
Wondering if anyone with a 1D Toolmaster has a picture (preferably a closeup) of the micrometer stop dial on the quill.

Mine may have a part missing, it's #365B but there is an asterisk that says manual feed machines only???? My mill has power feed. The power feed works perfectly in both directions but there is a piece of notched aluminum plate under the micrometer dial that doesn't belong there and if I remove it, there is a gap (and a lot of slop) between the micrometer dial, #366B spring. and the "block" That just doesn't look right which is why I suspect something is missing, improperly assembled or wrong parts are installed.

The parts manual has a drawing of that part but it's not helping like a picture can. I'd like to get an idea of what it looks like so I can gather enough information to make whatever it is that goes there if I can't find a genuine Cinci replacement part.

Trying to clean up some of the jury rigging.

Hope this is helpful...
If you need more/different pics, then please advise.
I'm slowly trying to get her torn down for paint prep. Emphasis on slow.
If you need me to disassemble and make some measurements then please let me know. Tearing down each of the assy is a good excuse to do more paint prep.
I prefer the blue over the gray but it is peeling....

Daryl
MN
IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1676.JPG

Picture is worth 1000 words and not all of them are "G" rated, lol. The pic is a jolt of clarity.

I have no idea why my mill had a homemade spacer installed under the micrometer dial. I did find the set screw on the dial was tight but not engaging with with the bushing so it would spin freely doing nothing. Minor nit now solved. With spacer removed and everything properly adjusted, the feed works perfectly and the micrometer dial actually functions now! Can set a depth and it feeds to set depth then stops. Will clean up all the gunk, lubricate and change/replenish oil in feed gearbox. Should work like new!

I just noticed my #364B lock nut appears to be upside down - the cone side is facing up and yours is down -oops!

Daryl, thanks a bunch for the pics and info - all very helpful!

Next up is the hand feed lever. I believe the return spring is broken / malfunctioning as the lever does not return to position. I'm sure this will be an adventure.

IMG_2624.JPG IMG_2627.JPG

Marty

Last edited:
Back