• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Toolmaster pipe dreams ?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

GK1918

Active User
One asset on a Bridgeport is a brake. Us toolmaster guys dont have that privledge. Mainly when using a boring head. It takes forever to stop with their massive flywheel and
fan. Thinking about my shaper brake, a simple rubber wedge that when braked wedges into an unused pulley. So I have a nice chrome trans shift handle with knob Hurst I think
and either a wedge or a belt cut in half with ends mounted to the handle so its a "dead belt" to slow/stop the pulley. Has to be mounted to a motor pulley NOT the spindle cause
that will stress out the timming expensive belt to much... So is this worth the effort or an ole man a blowin smoke again.. common their Daryl what ya think...
samuel

shott8283

I'm still working on figuring a way to add a mechanical brake to my TM ill have to get the cover off the head to see what the options are... interested to see what the OP comes up with

ogberi

Active User
Mine has the brake, but it's a bit buggered up. I'll try to get pics tonight, weather and chores permitting.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Samuel, the idea is a good one and is doable for sure!
i like the hearst shifter idea, i'd like to see the thing when it's done!:D

Uglydog

Active User
GK1918,
Please provide pics and a sketch when she is done!
I've got a 1B.
Yep, takes forever....

Daryl
MN

Chipper5783

Active User
The Milacron 1D version (about '70 or '71) has a hand break high on the right side. Yup, it is nice. David

GK1918

Active User
Just one more thing I haven't got to yet because of this

sam New lift.jpg

[6]
[5] [7]