Toolmaster pipe dreams ?

GK1918

Active User
Registered
One asset on a Bridgeport is a brake. Us toolmaster guys dont have that privledge. Mainly when using a boring head. It takes forever to stop with their massive flywheel and
fan. Thinking about my shaper brake, a simple rubber wedge that when braked wedges into an unused pulley. So I have a nice chrome trans shift handle with knob Hurst I think
and either a wedge or a belt cut in half with ends mounted to the handle so its a "dead belt" to slow/stop the pulley. Has to be mounted to a motor pulley NOT the spindle cause
that will stress out the timming expensive belt to much... So is this worth the effort or an ole man a blowin smoke again.. common their Daryl what ya think...
samuel

What about using a braking function of an electronic drive?

I'm still working on figuring a way to add a mechanical brake to my TM ill have to get the cover off the head to see what the options are... interested to see what the OP comes up with

Mine has the brake, but it's a bit buggered up. I'll try to get pics tonight, weather and chores permitting.

Samuel, the idea is a good one and is doable for sure!
i like the hearst shifter idea, i'd like to see the thing when it's done!:D

GK1918,
Please provide pics and a sketch when she is done!
I've got a 1B.
Yep, takes forever....

Daryl
MN

The Milacron 1D version (about '70 or '71) has a hand break high on the right side. Yup, it is nice. David

Just one more thing I haven't got to yet because of this

samNew lift.jpg

Back