[4]

Toolmaster Spinner Handle Removal?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Chipper5783

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I'm still working through my Toolmaster, even used it to help fix itself. One of the spinner handles got whacked. The wheel is still serviceable but I would like to straighten, or replace the shaft for the spinner. I don't know how to remove the spinner. On other machines I have seen these are threaded (then there is a screwdriver slot or a hex for an Allen key).

Is the spinner shaft pressed in? The entire hand wheel is readily removed. How is the spinner removed from the wheel?

David

Chipper5783

Active User
There may be a few different styles of spinner handles. Mine has sort of a squared off handle. Could be a cover plate over some sort of bolt head?

DSCF3944.JPG DSCF3947.JPG

Chipper5783

Active User
Tried a different approach. If it bent once, just bend it back again.

I pulled the hand wheel off and bolted it to a face plate (the boss having room to go in the center hole). Then carefully clamped down tight - which needed some shims and padding. My concern was I'd break the cast spoke, which is already cracked.

Then with suitable padding and a pipe slipped over the spinner - a satisfactory result was soon achieved. The spinner no longer binds, the wheel cranks nice (no impression of being bent) and I appears straight from several perspectives.

Probably much faster than making a new center bolt. Seems my usual approaches are slow & more complicated than really necessary! Anyway, still a few more small areas to address.

Uglydog

Active User
Interesting this hand wheel on my 1D is badly patch welded, as it wobbles about 3/8inch.
Works, just wobbles when.
I'll need to replace the entire handwheel.

Daryl
MN

[6]
[5] [7]