Toolmaster Spinner Handle Removal?

Chipper5783

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm still working through my Toolmaster, even used it to help fix itself. One of the spinner handles got whacked. The wheel is still serviceable but I would like to straighten, or replace the shaft for the spinner. I don't know how to remove the spinner. On other machines I have seen these are threaded (then there is a screwdriver slot or a hex for an Allen key).

Is the spinner shaft pressed in? The entire hand wheel is readily removed. How is the spinner removed from the wheel?

David

There may be a few different styles of spinner handles. Mine has sort of a squared off handle. Could be a cover plate over some sort of bolt head?

DSCF3944.JPG DSCF3947.JPG

Tried a different approach. If it bent once, just bend it back again.

I pulled the hand wheel off and bolted it to a face plate (the boss having room to go in the center hole). Then carefully clamped down tight - which needed some shims and padding. My concern was I'd break the cast spoke, which is already cracked.

Then with suitable padding and a pipe slipped over the spinner - a satisfactory result was soon achieved. The spinner no longer binds, the wheel cranks nice (no impression of being bent) and I appears straight from several perspectives.

Probably much faster than making a new center bolt. Seems my usual approaches are slow & more complicated than really necessary! Anyway, still a few more small areas to address.

Interesting this hand wheel on my 1D is badly patch welded, as it wobbles about 3/8inch.
Works, just wobbles when.
I'll need to replace the entire handwheel.

Daryl
MN

Back