Toolpost handle OXA

pds65

Registered
Registered
I got in my QCTP set today, and eager to take on some cuts with the new holders and everything, but there was no handle! jeepers I hate buying online (rough week, this wasn't the first tool-purchasing incident lol) I don't have a thread gauge or any large metric fasteners to test, but thinking it might be M8 x 1.25? if I can rig something with a really long bolt, it's usable but eventually I want to make a custom handle and lock lever. it would be nice if I could use the new post to do this!
all I've found about custom qctp handles online is for AXA on up. not a whole lot on OXA

Get a thread gauge, you're going to need one anyway and they are cheap. That sounds like a reasonable option for the thread, my AXA is M10x1.5, if that helps at all.

I'm going in cautiously & weighing my odds on best purchase as I go. Thread gauges are in my future - but, I'm doing just fine by matching threads to taps. My tap & die set is fairly comprehensive, so haven't had any trouble getting by. Meanwhile, if you need a M8 - 1.25, try to start a 1/4 - 20 bolt. If it tries to go 1ish turns before binding: That's M8 - 1.25!

Back