Tools that are made in The USA

Hello Everyone

I think that I need a new 6 inch digital caliper, I already have a Starrett 120 dial caliper, with that being said The Starrett 798A caught my eye, but at some places it is noted that it is Made In America and others it says Assembled In America. What is the general consenus, are they made in America by Americans or Not?

The Starrett 120 A dial calipers are promoted by Starrett as the only dial caliper made in America on there website. But I can't find that for their electronic calipers.I am old enough to remember what Made in America meant, and I like to buy American products whenever I can. I cant afford to buy cheap tools. I would rather buy one good one instead of two cheap Chinese or Indian knockoffs

Maybe I should call Starret and ask them but they dont sell to the public, I have to go through a dealer and there doesnt seem to be any of those close by.

I just wanted to know so that I can spend my allowance on more tools for my hobby shop.

Thanks
Jake.
Mitutoyo absolute digital caliper is far away my favorite of all the calipers I have, including starrett dial, mitu dial, tesa swiss made dial and several different chinese calipers.Be sure you don't get a knock off, though.

I have made a decision to purchase a Starrett 798A 6 inch electronic caliper, mostly because they are just so darn cute, I am a hobbyist and I don't have any Japanese tools. My mentor an old time tool and die maker, who fought in the pacific during World War II wasn't found of Japanese or German tools, gee I wonder why. Always told me that his measuring devices were either Swiss or Starrett or nothing. Buying good quality tooling and measuring devices is usually a thing of the past when it comes to young people nowadays. I will let you all know how it works out when it arrives.

I would be on the lookout for Swiss made personally. Tim

Back