Torture Testing the Unimat SL1000

This little guy sounds like a blender or an angle grinder, I didn't expect that. Is it as loud in person as it appears on the video or does the microphone pick up the sound and enhance it?

Nice series of videos, you are doing a good job dispelling the idea that mini-lathes like this are only suitable for working plastic and aluminum.

What HSS bit cuts the 1045, I thought I remember you liking the super Mo?

This little guy sounds like a blender or an angle grinder, I didn't expect that. Is it as loud in person as it appears on the video or does the microphone pick up the sound and enhance it?

Nice series of videos, you are doing a good job dispelling the idea that mini-lathes like this are only suitable for working plastic and aluminum.
Than you Aaron!
it is loud, but the mic amplifies the sound

I really like what I have heard about the Unimat lathes. My first lathe was an Atlas 618. I spent a lot of time tuning it in. Once I finally mounted it on a ridgid bench, it performed pretty good and I like using it. But the Unimat looks a whole lot more precision.
303 stainless is a bugger to machine. Your Unimat is impressive.

I really like what I have heard about the Unimat lathes. My first lathe was an Atlas 618. I spent a lot of time tuning it in. Once I finally mounted it on a ridgid bench, it performed pretty good and I like using it. But the Unimat looks a whole lot more precision.
303 stainless is a bugger to machine. Your Unimat is impressive.
Thank you @Tim9 ,
the unimats were made quite well. i'm having a lot of fun finding the boundaries of the little guy!
thanks for following the thread!!

Back