TouchDRO V "New" Status Update

Wow Yuriy, that is impressive.
Like Inferno, I also use different units on different axis quite regularly

Dear Yuriy,
I just had a look at your blog, and the changes look excellent. They look to be very nice improvements on what is otherwise an excellent product already.
I have one other suggestion for usability. The current version has the display values left aligned and when the readout moves from say single millimeters to tens of millimeters, and additional digit is required and therefore the display jumps left or right as the readout requires more or less digits. I think it would be more user friendly if it where the decimal point remained stationary and there was space available for the 10 and 100 units column "reserved" so that the display does not jump left/right when additional units are required (eg 1s - 10s, 10s -100s & visa versa). I hope this makes sense.
One other suggestion, can you make an additional option for the W axis to be a regular independent linear scale also (ie not added to another axis)

Schtimpy,
Thank you for the kind words.
I like the idea about the decimal point. I actually never thought about this... let me see how much work it will be to do this (there is some craziness I have to do with the display to resize it, so it's not completely straightforward).
For the W axis, I intentionally removed that option. I realize that there are use cases where having foud readouts would be useful, but for the DRO functionality to work in a non-confusing way, it's best to stick with a standard Cartesian coordinate system. When separate W was an option (in V2), I was getting a lot of complaints about things being confusing or not working. Basically, I'm pulling the "I know better what you want" card here :)
Regards
Yuriy

Back