Touching Base Siege C4 Laithe Manual

colbra

Registered
Registered
Hi All in January this year I joined the forum! Since then I have been doing a lot of traveling about the place in our caravan with my wife, so I have not put anything on the forum.
So this is just a bit more input on my Siege C4 lathe, the manual that comes with the lathe is about as useless as …. !
I have been looking around for a better manual and found this one from the
Travers[FONT=&amp] Tool Co[/FONT] there lathe is called OTMT it is the Siege C4 rebadged, the manual is the best I have seen for an explanation of what all the controls are for and how to use them in great detail, plus a maintenance schedule as well as telling you how to do simple cutting and drilling and thread cutting procedures and it’s all in colour I will attempt to put a copy up so you can have a look I will just mention at this stage I have some other machines.
Re: larger lathe 13x40, mill drill 2HP model HM-46 plus some other tooling.
What I need to stress here is; if my machining skills matched my tools I would be a very smart man in the tools room! But alas this is a long way from the facts and I just bumble along hoping to get help, off all you more experienced good people. That tend to hang out in such forums as this one.
I believe that forums such as this one are the great confidence builders as well for people wishing to acquire machining skills anyway I’m starting to sound like a politician around election time
Havagooday Colbra:)

Attachments

• 87-116-020.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
That document has a Feb 2011 copyright date. Might not be a good idea to put it up. But then, perhaps Fair Use would allow it for "educational purposes".

That document has a Feb 2011 copyright date. Might not be a good idea to put it up. But then, perhaps Fair Use would allow it for "educational purposes".

I didn't see a copyright anywhere on the document and as Travers has it posted for download I doubt there would be a problem with it even if it were.

JMHO

-Ron

Thank you gentlemen for your comments on copyright! But surely why would this article have been put up in a PDF format on the internet without any copy and printing restrictions eg: pass word protection to reproduce in Adobe reader.

However I shall forward your comments and my actions on to http://www.travers.com/ to obtain the required permission to keep this article on this forum other than that would you like to make any comment on the rest of the content of my post thanks for bringing this to my attention
Colbra:)

It's on the first page, Ron. Even though it is on the Internet, it can still be copyrighted. That is to protect the content from being used by someone who might want to represent the work as their own, I'm sure. I was not saying that it must come down, but just pointing it out.

Thank you gentlemen for your comments on copyright! But surely why would this article have been put up in a PDF format on the internet without any copy and printing restrictions eg: pass word protection to reproduce in Adobe reader.

However I shall forward your comments and my actions on to http://www.travers.com/ to obtain the required permission to keep this article on this forum other than that would you like to make any comment on the rest of the content of my post thanks for bringing this to my attention
Colbra:)[/QUOT

Email sent to Travers Tool

Hi
I have put you manual of the C4 lathe on a forum that I subscribe to for all to see I made comment that it was the best manual that I have read in regards to the Siege C4 lathe there is no gain from this action except to educate people on the forum that your company may be the best to purchase from given the quality of the manual.
I am asking permission to leave it there I live in Australia and the manual I received from China was to say lacking for all sort of reasons hope I have not offended your company by my actions and can you please give your permission to leave it there

Havagooday Col from OZ
ATTENTION TRAVERS TOOL

[FONT=&amp]Hope This clears any concerns up about Copyright.
Col [/FONT]
:)
[FONT=&amp]
Dear Mr. Bray,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Yes, it is OK that you posted our manual. You’ve clearly identified that the manual was produced by Travers, so that requirement is met. For other forum members, we can ship the machine anywhere in the world. I hope that you can include a link to the Travers website for the machine: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://www.travers.com/product.asp?r=s&n=||UserSearch1%3Dc4+otmt&eaprodid=177113%2D87%2D116%2D020[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Pete Wood[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Vice President[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Travers Tool[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]718-886-7200 ext 2243[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&amp]From:[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Victor Pineiro
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:25 AM
To: Peter Wood
Subject: FW: Copyright on the manual OTMT C4 [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Victor Piñeiro[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Procurement Associate[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]International Sourcing[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Travers Tool Co., Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Main Ph: 718.886.7200 ext:2228[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Direct Ph: 718.517.6854[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fax: 718.661.5664[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]www.travers.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]From:[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Sharon Pilgrim On Behalf Of web
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:18 AM
To: PROCUREMNT (BUYRS)
Subject: FW: Copyright on the manual OTMT C4 [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]From:[/FONT][FONT=&amp] COLIN JAMES BRAY [mailto:colbra2@bigpond.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:51 AM
To: web
Subject: Copyright on the manual OTMT C4 [/FONT]

Hi
I have put you manual of the C4 lathe on a forum that I subscribe to for all to see I made comment that it was the best manual that I have read in regards to the Siege C4 lathe there is no gain from this action except to educate people on the forum that your company may be the best to purchase from given the quality of the manual.
I am asking permission to leave it there I live in Australia and the manual I received from China was to say lacking for all sort of reasons hope I have not offended your company by my actions and can you please give your permission to leave it there

Havagooday Col from OZ
ATTENTION TRAVERS TOOL

"This e-mail communication is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail."

Last edited:
It's on the first page, Ron. Even though it is on the Internet, it can still be copyrighted. That is to protect the content from being used by someone who might want to represent the work as their own, I'm sure. I was not saying that it must come down, but just pointing it out.

Interesting. The version I pulled up didn't have a copyright, just a statement as to the "version" of the document. Sorry for the confusion.

-Ron

Hi Colbra

Many thanks for bringing the Travers Manual to my attention.
I am the owner of a new SC4 and like you found the supplied instructions terrible.
I was having trouble understanding how the gears are fitted for screw cutting, especially when only 3 gears are required. The Travers Manual makes it very clear.

Thanks must go to Travers for first producing the Manual and allowing it to be posted.
I will check out the company to see if I can support them with purchases.

I am in Brisbane, are you anywhere nearby?
Ron B

Back