Tour of my Model & Toy Steam Engine Room

Truly impressive body of work, Jim! You've been busy ... for a very long time! Thanks for sharing your passion with us.

What a collection, very nice. The one "wooden barrel" looking design really caught my eye

Truly impressive body of work, Jim! You've been busy ... for a very long time! Thanks for sharing your passion with us.

Thanks Mikey, they give me a lot of pleasure and keep my small lathe and mill very busy.

Sweet! Very nice collection. I have always been interested in steam as well, just have no time at the moment. You are right about the advertising making a difference in the atmosphere of the room/collection. Jay Leno has done the same which one can see on his videos of Jay Leno’s Garage.
Pierre

What a beautiful collection! I can still recall as a young boy assembly my Wilesco steam engine at the kitchen table with my father. It had some sort of briquettes for fuel and a wonderful little whistle and powered a small table saw using a spring as a belt for the pulleys. You brought back a lot of good memories for me- thanks Jim!

What a beautiful collection! I can still recall as a young boy assembly my Wilesco steam engine at the kitchen table with my father. It had some sort of briquettes for fuel and a wonderful little whistle and powered a small table saw using a spring as a belt for the pulleys. You brought back a lot of good memories for me- thanks Jim!

Those white briquettes would most likely have been Wilesco's Esbit tablets. Not the greatest smelling fuel.

Appreciate the comments :)

Back