• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

TPAC tools DRO on ebay

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

tfleming

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Has anyone bought from them and do you know if their DRO is junk? They have 100% feedback, so that is a good indication. I want to invest in a 2-axis DRO, but the play money fund is a wee bit low, so the one listed on ebay looks in the ball park. I am also looking at the one SHARS sells as well. thanks!

BGHansen

I have a 4 axis on my Jet JVM-830 mill and a 2 axis on my G0709 lathe. I bought mine from Tom directly at tpactools.com instead of eBay. The only issue I've had has been with the mill's control box cutting out when it gets down to about 20 F in my shop. A heating pad on it works if I have a quick job and it's really cold. I believe their unit is from mTech if you care to do some Google'ing. Mine both have the 5 micron scales.

Bruce

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)

pstemari

Hmm, pretty good prices.

I've been looking at the magnetic scales from dropros.com. They seem to get a lot of positive comments.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[6]
[5] [7]