[Source] Trac A Dial 7a

In the file I posted it tells how to remove and replace the crystal. that should get you to the hands and face. Page 87 step 4

Thank you.

I suppose simple deductive reasoning explains the procedure.

"Make sure the new hands are seated properly" suggests that they pressed in, and to remove them, as suggested just pry them off.

"Use small amount of petroleum based glue to secure the new dial face" suggests that to remove the old dials is just use Exacto knife or similar object to peel off the old dial.

Thank you all for the input

Screenshot_20170711-225656.png

I worked on one years ago and did find that there is a hole in the case to pin things in place this was for reassembly amazon has a puller made for needle pulling. wasn't expensive around 30 bucks but it sure has come in handy for many dial calipers. I used to use the 2 screwdriver method ( first hint put your face directly over the needle do it on a nice white sheet in a clean area otherwise when it pops you will never find the needle. but if it hits you in the nose and falls down on the sheet you have a chance. never did find the needle on the first time I tried this) also I pulled the spindle out of one pair of starrett calipers ruined them so I bought the puller you can also make one if your short on money and long on time like most of us look at the picture of the one on amazon for ideas on how to make one bill

Back