Tram Tool

Capt45

Former Member
Have any other pics of your Tramming Tool; say a side view?

Tio Loco

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Have any other pics of your Tramming Tool; say a side view?

Sure, it's simplicity personified. I used round stock because that's what I had on hand. The flats are just so I could put it in a vise to drill for the set screws perpendicular to the bores. The 'v' notch is just for show, doesn't have anything to do with functionality.

The most important thing is that the bore for the mandrel must be parallel to the bores for the indicators.

Prior to use, both indicators have to be zeroed against a single object. I used a gauge block but any precision surface will work. Position the first indicator over the block and lower the head enough to pre-load the indicator, lock the z-axis, then zero the dial on that indicator. With the head still locked and without moving the precision block, spin the tool 180° and zero that indicator. The zero positions may not be in the same place on the two faces. All that matters is that they both read zero against the block. Now you're ready to rock.

PXL_20210329_181920503.jpg PXL_20210329_182027906.jpg PXL_20210329_181932354.jpg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock