Tramming Indicators for Mill

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys while back I had ask about buying one of those Edge Tech Indicators to tram the mill.All saying that they are good but why not just make your own,will I did just that.By no means was the one I made any cheaper,it cost more money,heck I purchase a .375 reamer(one of the better ones) it cost me 28.00 then add in the 1"x2"x12" aluminum bar.But I did have a SS rod so that can mount in collet.Just to get to this point here in pics,there are few weekends and I am still not finish.But the rest of the work is all cosmetics as you can see scratches that I did not see earlier,dang the camera.Well after complaining for min,if I had a do over would I do it again.HECK yea I would,me being a beginner at mill and at the lathe it was all fun.And I am willing to show the world my little project even with the mistakes:( Gages could have been move towards center little more.But I'm ok with the way it is.This is not the last post of this project I want to clean it up more see if I can get those scratches to disappear.Guys if any advice be it positive or negative I want to hear it cause I am in learning stages.Mill Tram1.jpgMill Tram.jpg

Flitz and a microfiber cloth will shine that up like a mirror. Cleaning with cream of tartar before polishing will help the process.

Nice job! Has way more "punch" than my simple one.

That is plum purdy. Evidently you have some artistic ability.
Good work Kroll.

Chuck

Give yourself a pat on the shoulder. Very nicely done. Making your own stuff is always rewarding.

Guys thanks for all the positive feedback,I was wanting to challenge myself here on this project,which there is few mistakes but those did not go to waste cause I learn from those mistakes.Not finish yet but I hope to close this project in couple weeks or so when I'm off for Thanksgiving

Back