Tramming the PM835s

chiroone

Registered
Registered
Well I just decided to start tramming my PM 835S this weekend. I was able to get between .001 of deviation in the X axis scanning from one side of the table to the other. On the Y axis it appears to be at about .0005 of deviation. This according to my Starret and Mitutoyo digital dial indicators. I guess that should be good enough for general hobby type use eh?

That's about what mine came in at i picked up some longer bolts and some bigger hard washers to try next time i. Tram it because the slots are big and i think more surface area would help getting it to y0 better

The longer bolts are because i need to run two washers to make it work

Trammed in about the same. I have a little slop in the z axis when going up and down that I would like to tighten up a bit. Been pretty happy with the mill overall.
I have put quite a few hours on it already and seems to be a solid machine. Just ordered a dividing head so pretty stoked about that!

Has anyone noticed there are no way covers on this mill as on the 935? Also where is everyone placing the sheet metal chip catcher that is included with the mill? I just placed mine on the base

PM835 front.jpg

Has anyone noticed there are no way covers on this mill as on the 935? Also where is everyone placing the sheet metal chip catcher that is included with the mill? I just placed mine on the base

View attachment 260941
That's where I have my chip tray.
I was going to take some rubber and make some covers.

Chip tray on bottom to and i have looked for some way covers from McMaster carr and places not cheap but i want some to

Logically a lathe doesn't have way covers either. As long as a guy cleans everything after use it should be fine.

Then if coolant makes it's way there then you would see it and clean it off.

Back