[Mill] Trans World Steel Vhm-728 Vertical/horizontal Milling Machine

I called that "shady" broker guy mulitiple times friday offering well above asking price to sell it saturday due to me being stuck at work sunday. He wouldn't budge and said I would have to come at 2 sunday. You lucky dog!!!

Cool , looks like a good one , perfect hobby size , glad you got it
3ph, buttons on front , coolent setup ?.
Haven't heard of that brand before
Nice saw also :black eye:
Did the owner speak better English :big grin:.

Thanks Derrick!!
It's a single phase 115v unit, yep the coolant pump works too!
i have not heard of the brand either, but the Taiwanese will build a machine and put whatever name they'd like on it.
many of the Asian lathes are built in one factory under a hundred different badge names.
the saw is very new, looks like it has only made a few cuts!
it's funny that you mention the language barrier, the owner had a very thick but, understandable latin accent.
between the machine being misidentified, wrongly listed, and the broker and the owner's sales scheme, it's a wonder i got the mill at all!

Last edited:
Hi mike glad you got it ,And it's on wheels, duel spindles , you did good :cool:
Wounder how they got the name wrong, dose it say rivet on it anywhere?
Did you get a vice with it , if not I have a good one I'll let go , no name but same as Kurt angloc.
Let us know how it works

Hi mike glad you got it ,And it's on wheels, duel spindles , you did good :cool:
Wounder how they got the name wrong, dose it say rivet on it anywhere?
Did you get a vice with it , if not I have a good one I'll let go , no name but same as Kurt angloc.
Let us know how it works
Hi Derrick,
thank you!
i added the 4" casters before unloading the lil beast from the trailer.
my garages are kinda full, so i gotta put things on wheels to utilize them all effectively.

there is no "Rivet" printed anywhere on the machine, i have no idea how they came up with that name other than possibly a very bad translation from chinese to english?

the owner did not even know what a milling machine was.
i had to point out the machine i was there to buy. :face slap:

i'm suspecting a tenant occupied the dwelling for many years.
i assume that he must have passed on and the landloard(owner) was selling off the rest of the deceased belongings that remained in the dwelling.
the owner was moving back east and just wanted the crap out, if you'd believe my conjecture.

That mill is a good hobby size mill, I imagine a dro could be fitted to it , X powerfeed could be a trick.
If I'm still in calli and you decide to sell it let me know, I'm needing to downsize. Moving is a PITA.

Very unique with the vertical and horizontal spindles! And the small size too. That’s a keeper! I believe Rockwell had a similar kinda mill? How come your garage/shop still has room? I know people that can help you out with that empty space problem and any extra time you might have with nothing to do:)…Dave.

Back